This is part two of a two part series.
Cheap, Cheap, Cheap!
I don’t mean to sound like a baby chick, but I love that word “cheap”. It means I met my goal of buying something at a ridiculously good deal! Not everything in my closet is from the bargain stores, but most things are and I can include a key piece to “doll” up the outfit or the inexpensive piece of clothing.
I seriously pride myself on looking expensive but coming out under budget. It’s a game, a challenge, if you will and I love it! I want us all to look smashing but I don’t want anyone to break the bank doing it. Here are some tips for you to do likewise!
1. Don’t be afraid to mix patterns with different colors or other patterns. Today’s trend is about mixing and matching, so if you can, find a key piece to work with that makes up a knockout outfit.
2. Brown boots go with anything (including black pants!). Many people think you need a pair of black and brown boots…don’t break the bank! Just buy one or the other. Unless you come across an awesome deal on boots that you can’t pass up!
To keep in mind for the upcoming holidays, Famous Footwear usually has BOGO sales so you can get two pairs of boots or shoes at a huge discount. I got my brown boots at a BOGO sale last year on Black Friday. I went shopping with my mom and we both got a fabulous new pair of boots while sharing the cost. Perfecto! $55 bucks for these boots is a steal!
3. Plan ahead for next year’s outfits. These flats are by far my fave shoe, they are incredibly comfortable and I love them. I got them at Payless for $5 at the end of the season last year. Best $5 I ever spent! Plus they are cute for fall/spring/summer…probably not so much winter, but you could get by with it if you needed to.
4. Shop online! There are lots of great websites that have inexpensive jewelry, like this mint necklace pictured, I found at Very Jane for $8. LOVE this look and I get a ton of compliments when I wear it. Total cost (not counting the boots) is $23! Not too shabby!
5. Buy outfits that can be worn all year. I got this dress at Daisy Exchange (can you tell that store is one of my FAVES?) for $5. I LOVE the colors in this dress and can seriously wear it year round. Added bonus! In the fall/winter, I wear it with leggings and boots. In the spring/summer, I can wear it with flats. Seriously the best dress for every season.
6. Lastly, pair an inexpensive top with a scarf. You can usually find plain tee’s online or in the store for $10 or less. Buy in bulk so you have more options. I got this top for $5 with my chevron or leopard print scarf. The chevron scarf was $5 at Old Navy and the leopard print scarf I bought off Ebay for $8. Total cost $10-$15.
The key to dressing on a budget is what you put with the item you got an incredible deal on. You don’t necessarily want everyone to know you spent $3-$5 on something (unless it’s your closest girlfriends). So pair it with another inexpensive, awesome item and voila! You look like you spent a million bucks…but shhhhhhhhh no one has to really know you didn’t.
I just love a good deal!
What are some of your favorite deals in your closet?