This is part one of a two part series.
If you are like me, and I think most moms are, you tend to spend a large part of your budget on your kids. Not because you have to, but because you want your kids to look spectacular! Hey, lets face it, they go through clothes quicker than we do. Too bad we can’t stop time on that growing up thing, plus, they are just fun and easy to shop for.
I find shopping on a dime for myself as a fun challenge. Going to the store and coming out spending $10 or less on a new piece of clothing totally makes my day. Something I can’t live without, something people are gonna rave about, something that will make that awesome necklace or scarf at home look ravishing. It’s a fun challenge for me! This shirt I bought below at Daisy Exchange for $3! You wouldn’t believe the comments I get on this top every time I wear it. LOVE it!
Here are some of the best places to shop in OKC if you want to Dress on a Dime:
1. The $1 Jewelry Store – best place to find jewelry to match any occasion! Best part is, if your sweet little one breaks it while you are wearing it…it was only a $1. Major score for you! You can even buy something for your little one with that kind of price tag! Below is one of my favorite $1 Jewelry Store finds. Love this necklace – it adds a pop of color to any outfit.
2. Ross – oh my….this is one of my favorite stores. I find the best deals and clothes on the planet here. The key to shopping at Ross is to go in open minded – which you have to do when shopping for bargains. This is the store where you can find something cheap to rock with a cute scarf or necklace.
3. Daisy Exchange – this is a consignment shop where you can sell your still-in-style clothes there and they will give you cash or store credit. With Daisy Exchange and Ross, I never have to spend more then $5-$10 on an item. When I can find something awesome for $3 (like that cute shirt above) I leave the store a very happy shopper. A huge plus for Daisy Exchange, I usually turn around and spend that money in the store since they have such great deals!
4. Somewhere to shop for your kids without breaking the bank is Once Upon a Child. It’s a slightly used, second hand store. I have found some really fabulous items for my kids at this store. If my 10 year old is with me, she has a blast picking out some fun items for herself and I know we will leave without spending a ton of money. More on Once Upon a Child in part two of this series.
5. Another awesome place to shop for your kids is the Just Between Friends sale, which happens a few times a year at the Oklahoma State Fair Park (but can be found in Norman and Edmond too!) It’s a great place to find gently used kids clothes at fabulous prices. I love the racks and racks of clothes that you see when you walk in the building. It gets my adrenaline running because once again, it’s a challenge to find something perfect and great for the kids. If you sign up to consign your kids clothes, you get to go on a special night to shop before the public. This place is a added bonus to any mommy’s budget! Get some girlfriends together and check out the JBF sale, then go get coffee after and compare all your great finds. Perfect mommy day!
6. Any store having a BOGO sale. I’m a sucker for these but you can save a ton of money doing this. Stores that have adult and kid apparel and accessories will have a sale and voila! You saved money on you and your sweet babies!
7. Any store with coupons is also a major deal! Even with higher priced stores, any percentage or dollar amount off really helps! This is the perfect time of year when stores will have coupons as incentives to do your Christmas shopping with them.
Where are your favorite places to shop for great deals?
I hope these tips help!! Happy Shopping Sweet Mommas!
Stay tuned for part 2 of this series!!