Are you an OKC area mom who enjoys writing and connection with other parents in your community? Are you interested in rediscovering your love for creative writing and/or finding a platform to share your writing? Creating fun online content?
The OKC Mom writing team is always looking for local parents with fresh and diverse voices who are passionate about motherhood and who want to share their experiences with other parents in the city of OKC and beyond. OKC Mom is committed to creating a community where ALL parents feel welcome at the table, and we are expanding our writing team to give space to the voices we haven’t heard from yet. Now more than ever, parents need the support of fellow parents!
Is it your voice we’re missing? We want to hear from you! Read the following information and submit the included form! *Spots are limited*
This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it all worthwhile! Here’s the deal:
What you GIVE:
- One original post per month on a topic of your choice (within the mission of OKCM)
- A 6-month commitment
- Passion for moms, kids, and the greater OKC area
- Interaction with our social media content
- A reliable, positive personality!
- Availability to attend in-person, quarterly events/meetings…when the craziness of this pandemic allows!
What you GET:
- Your photo and bio on the OKC Mom contributor page, with links to your personal blog/social media handles if you choose to share them.
- Opportunities to test products and/or services before reviewing them on OKC Mom
- Professional development and experience in the areas of blogging, writing, SEO, and social media
- Access to pre-sale event tickets as available
- Access to the private OKC Mom Contributor Facebook group
- New friendships and an amazing experience!
Our Open Call application is open and available for new writers to complete at any time. Our leadership team with review submitted applications approximately once per quarter and and reach out directly to the writers who match what we are looking for! Our goal is to bring our writing team to a place where it represents the makeup of our audience effectively.
*So even if you don’t hear back from us immediately after you submit an application, don’t panic! We still have your application and will likely be reviewing it soon!