Didn’t get the Mother’s Day gift you were hoping for? Omni Oklahoma City Hotel encourages you to gift yourself a night away!
Mother’s Day has come and gone, and hopefully you’ve thrown out the last-minute bouquet of now-deceased flowers and you’re getting through another busy day being a mom.
Now, don’t get me wrong, having the title of “mama” is wonderful and you would do anything for your kids. But if we’re being honest, you would probably also do just about anything to get a full night’s sleep and drink a hot cup of coffee.
So, I am calling a mulligan for May 9, 2021; this summer we get a redo, but on our terms. Mamas, I challenge you to find a day, heck, maybe a few days in the middle of the week, that you can claim as Makeup Mother’s Day and book yourself a staycation. I repeat, book YOURSELF a staycation. No kids. Partner or spouse optional.
Here in Oklahoma City, we have a beautiful new hotel that is a beacon for those looking for a day or weekend getaway. Omni Oklahoma City Hotel, located downtown, has a variety of rooms and suites, a full-service Mokara Spa, sauna, rooftop pool deck, jacuzzi, fitness center and multiple dining options. A mom could really make a whole vacation without ever leaving the city. Oh, and did I mention the hotel also has a beautiful retail outlet called Rarebird that features local finds? While you are enjoying your Makeup Mother’s Day, you might as well grab yourself a gift you love, whether it’s a new top, a piece of jewelry or even a DIY mixed-drink kit.
You’ll be amazed at the sight of the luxurious hotel, starting at the front door as you walk into the main lobby, also known as “Oklahoma’s living room.” The hotel’s design draws inspiration from Oklahoma’s terrain with rustic, earthy tones throughout the property. Your hotel room has a cozy feel with handsome navy colors, leather headboards, large mirrors, Nest amenities, local artwork and more.
Since I know you are already so busy, I thought I’d share my itinerary from my recent visit to Omni Oklahoma City Hotel with you.
- Check in at the front desk after you valet.
- Go to your room, drop off the bags, check out the space and put on a swimsuit.
- Stop at Catbird Seat, the pool deck bar, and grab yourself a drink.
- Take a dip or lounge by the pool and jacuzzi while enjoying the views of Scissortail Park.
- Head back downstairs and down the corridor of the main lobby to the retail shop, Rarebird, and pick yourself up a special gift (if you are tempted, there are plenty of goodies that the kids or spouse would love as well).
- After you are nice and relaxed, head to a spa appointment at Mokara Spa (be sure to book an appointment ahead of time) and enjoy a massage or manicure (or both).
- After your treatments, go back to your room and take a break or a nap, but be sure to set an alarm to get ready for dinner!
- While enjoying beautiful views of the Oklahoma City skyline and Scissortail Park, get ready in one of Omni’s luxurious robes.
- Head down the elevator to one of the beautiful dining outlets – Basin Bar, Bob’s Steak & Chophouse or OKC Tap House – I highly recommend the Tropicali cocktail from Basin Bar and the Nachos or Steak Frites from OKC Tap House (p.s. the hotel’s Executive Chef, David Gilbert, is a cookbook author and James Beard nominee).
- The rest of the night is yours! Rest, go out with friends, but whatever you do – enjoy the night (one not filled with snack refill duty, dishes or laundry)!
- While Omni offers everything you need in one place, it is also centrally located in downtown Oklahoma City within walking distance of Scissortail Park, the Myriad Gardens, Harkins Theatre, the OKC Street Car, shopping, restaurants and bars.
- Before you head back home, stop by Park Grounds for a well-deserved hot coffee and breakfast – make sure you order it extra hot, so you can enjoy it during your drive back home to the family that you adore!
Enjoy it, mama, you deserve it! If your family is lucky, maybe you’ll book a trip for everyone for a family staycation this summer, too.